SolarWinds Adds Robust Mobile Toolset for IT Administrators
Company Acquires Rove, a Mobile IT Management Vendor, Releasing SolarWinds Mobile Admin(TM) Software
Thursday, April 12th, 2012
“As everyone knows, the new business reality is one of mobility. The same holds for the modern IT guy. Whether they are managing a server on another floor, or a user halfway around the world, IT pros need to be available to evaluate and respond anytime, from anywhere,” said Kevin Thompson, president and CEO, SolarWinds. “We are excited to offer a mobile IT admin solution that is platform agnostic, IT management solution agnostic, and truly gets to the heart of solving real-world problems for our customers.”
Mobile Admin is used by thousands of customers to monitor and manage their corporate IT infrastructure from their iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, BlackBerry smartphones and PlayBook (OS2), and Kindle Fire. In addition to dozens of third party systems and services, the latest version of Mobile Admin now adds support for Amazon EC2, Microsoft Active Sync, and SolarWinds network and server management products.
SolarWinds Mobile Admin 7.0 includes the following new features:
· Support for Amazon EC2, Microsoft Active Sync, and SolarWinds Orion
· Improved dashboard and notifications system with a new user interface
· Instant notifications from Active Directory when a user is locked out for fast resolution
· Better device integration including the ability to share Mobile Admin information
More Highlights of SolarWinds Mobile Admin 7.0 include:
· Native applications for Android, iOS, and BlackBerry devices
· Remote Desktop, SSH, Telnet, VNC, Proxy via Mobile Admin Server or Direct Connect capabilities
· Access to over 500 distinct functions across servers, platforms, and systems
· Ability to create a personalized dashboard, as well as real-time personalized status and alerts
· Comprehensive support for over 40 key IT technologies, including Active Directory, VMware or Hyper-V hosts, Windows servers and desktops, Oracle or SQL server databases, Backup Exec, Exchange, and more
· Integrates with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, Microsoft Systems Center Operations, Remedy Service Desk, BMC Performance Manager, and Nagios
SolarWinds Mobile Admin is the newest addition to SolarWinds' IT management product portfolio that includes network management, server & application management, log & event management, virtualization management, and storage management software, as well as dozens of free IT management tools.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for SolarWinds Mobile Admin™software starts at $695 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial is available online, or by calling 866.530.8100.
· What's new in SolarWinds Mobile Admin 7.0 Video Demo(http://www.roveit.com/LandingPages/MA7.aspx)